After ten years, Beltania is changing for the better. To more closely align with our vision and intention, some significant changes will happen for our upcoming event on May 17-20, 2018. We’d like to share the most significant changes with you now.
- Beltania will shift from being a “festival” to a “retreat,” meaning that there will be a much more relaxed pace with more downtime and a focus on re-energizing, nourishing, and restoring ourselves spiritually and less of a focus on a party atmosphere.
- We choose to come together in a drug and alcohol free environment. Medical marijuana is allowed – please let us know you have your red card at time of registration and use with discretion. Alcohol may still be included in certain ceremonies.
- We ask that those who use tobacco please limit it to their personal vehicles or one designated smoking area, and to limit fragrances as much as possible due to allergies and sensitivities.
- Our drum circles, workshops, ceremonies, and all areas of the grounds are now 100% inclusive of all ages. We do anticipate themed cabins and yurts, to keep families with kids together and allow for quiet cabins and other special interest themes.
- Meals and lodging will now be included with admission, with the choice of yurt, cabin, or RV space. Very limited tent camping (30 tickets) will be available to those well-prepared guests who are very experienced with winter/spring camping conditions. The catered menu will be upgraded and can now meet all dietary restrictions and needs.
- Prices will be identical or nearly so compared to the last few years for an admission/lodging/meal package.
- All outdoor events will have indoor backup locations pre-scheduled in case of inclement weather.
- We are capping attendance at 250 people, with registration closing on May 3. Our attendance has traditionally been 400-750 people.
Our aim is to elevate the event to a greater spiritual focus, and narrow our scope to be more sustainable and simpler to produce.
We have been exploring other events around the country seeking a different, more harmonious model for Beltania. In our search, we have witnessed firsthand how removing the distractions of drugs and alcohol takes the drum circles, for example, to a whole different level when combined with professional drumming and chanting facilitators: deep trances, full presence and engagement, and a sustained intensity and an authentic wildness that allows for powerful transformation and spiritual work.
We are also seeking a more family-friendly environment that supports full inclusion of all people, regardless of age, experience, allergies, recovery status, or other circumstances.
We have discovered that the weather in May is unpredictable. By shifting away from lots of tent camping and camp cooking, we can relax together as we share meals and no longer worry about the safety and logistical challenges that come with hundreds of tent campers in May in Colorado at high altitude. We can engage with the outdoors on our terms, safely and comfortably.
A slower pace to our event schedule means that our guests and staff will have more time to really meet and connect with others and with the beautiful natural surroundings, and leave restored and rejuvenated. We feel there are plenty of other festival-type opportunities nearby for those wishing to party. And the 100% outdoor tent/RV camping experience will continue to be available at other Living Earth events like our annual Summer Solstice Campout with Fire Walking.
Yes. This is an overview of the most important things that will be different moving forward. We are still in the planning phases to create the most sustainable and enjoyable event possible. Stay tuned, as more information will be posted on our Facebook Page and at Beltania.org by October, 2017. Join our mailing list for continued email updates, too.